[image width=”460″ height=”” align=”right” frame=”color”]wp-content/uploads/2011/02/socialmediaspider.png[/image]
What is Social Media?
Social media are media for social interaction, using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques. Social media use web-based technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogue – Wikipedia.com
As this new form of media continues to become increasingly popular being able to spread news faster than by word of mouth, it is crucial that your business takes advantage of these tools.
Here at YOF, we innovate, educate and deploy social media campaigns to ensure our clients are taking full advantage of these free-to-use tools. We are also highly skilled at integrating social media right into your own website.
How Social Media can be used in your Business:
- Ad Campaigns
- News & Updates
- Customer Service
- Customer Feedback
Why invest in Social Media for your business?
- Increase Awareness / Promote & Protect Brand
- Increase Online Traffic
- Better Search Engine Ranking
- Generate Leads
- Develop Relationships
- Effective CRM Tools
- Engage Directly with Target Audience
- Communicate in Real-time
- Launched in 2004
- As of January 2011 has more than 600 million active users (Up from 350 Million in 2010)
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month. (5 Billion in 2009)
- Every month, more than 250 million people engage with Facebook on external websites.
- More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook, including over 80 of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and over half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites
Statistics – Facebook.com [/one-third] [one-third] [bulletlist]
- Launched in 2005
- #2 Largest Search Engine on the Web with over 50% more Searches than Yahoo and 180% than Microsoft’s Bing
- Accounted for 28% of all searches on Google in 2010
- People are watching 2 billion videos a day on YouTube
- Users are uploading hundreds of thousands of videos daily
- Every minute, 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
- 51% of users go to YouTube weekly or more often
Statistics – RealSEO.com & YouTube.com
[/bulletlist] [/one-third] [one-thirdlast] [bulletlist]
- Launched in 2006
- More than 190 Million Users as of October 2010 (up from 58 Million in 2009)
- 65 Million Tweets per day
- 800,000 Searches per day
- 80% of twitter usage is away from twitter.com
Statistics – eConsultancy.com & wikipedia.com [/one-thirdlast]
STRATEGY & GOALS
We listen to your objectives and decide on the following aspects:
Desired Traffic in terms of Leads, Likes & Tweets, Links & Referrals
Layout Topics for Discussion
We also set a Calendar of Events and Milestones.
SECURE BRAND ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
Careful & Creative:
Using unique, catchy and consistent usernames across all platforms.
CREATE PROFILES & INTEGRATE INTO WEBSITE
We focus on:
Users for each Social Platform
Whether content should allow for discussion?
DEPLOY CAMPAIGN, PROMOTE & PROTECT BRAND
We are creative & diligent in the following:
Responding to Comments
Zoning in on topics to gain presence in your market
Whilst always being Proactive!
REFLECT ON RESULTS
How do we measure success and your ROI?
Leads & Established Relationships.
Relationships Developing (Differentiate between Prospect & Client)
Relativity of Comments / Discussion
Your Traction vs Competitors Traction in Market
Your Campaign in relation to Industry Trends